- The KOs Schedule includes Team Competition Training, Rec League, and Community Events and is open to Quads, Paras, AbleBodied Persons, and Volunteers of all ages.
- We have 2 NCCP/CWSA Certified Coaches with 8 and 15 years coaching experience, including wheelchair rugby and multisport athlete backgrounds. We are here to help you overcome challenges, share our knowledge, and find ways to work with your abilities to promote physical, mental, and emotional training opportunities for hardcore athletes or recreational members alike.
Drops-Ins Welcome – $5/session (first 2 visits are free)
Memberships are encouraged to secure chair assignment and include chair rental.
Full Season Training Memberships September – June : $150 - ($125 for Members with their own chairs)
Half Season Training Memberships : $125 (January – June)
Competition Registration Fees : additional $150 per athlete for Para and Quad tournament fees provided to the hosting team and crew. Includes 3 competitions at Vancouver , Kelowna , Victoria. Spokane or Calgary Tourneys (TBC).
The KOs endeavor to support hotel travel costs for athletes and volunteers (1-2 tournaments/year depending on fundraising).
Weekly Wednesday intensive 3hr practices at St. Joseph Elementary at 839 Sutherland Ave. 5-8pm
Oct. 4, 11, 18, 25
Nov. 1, *, 8, 15, 22*, 29
January 10, 17, 24 & 31 ,
February 7, 14, 21, 28,
March 7 & 14 ( we are on Spring Break March 16th – April 1 where the gym is unavailable)
April 4, 11, 18, 25,
May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, (there may be one week that needs to be cancelled due to a school play – TBA)
June 6, 13, 20, 27.
Promo, Events, Tourneys Schedule :
- Parkinson Rec Community Demo : Sep. 8
- Adult Sport Demo Oct. 4
- City Sport Planning Meeting for Sport Team Managers : Oct. 16
- Coaches Sport Leadership seminar : Oct. 28
- Nov. 10 Provincial Team Tryouts for classifiable athletes
- Vancouver Tournament : Nov. 11, 12
- Nov. 22 Girl Guides Annual Demo
- Event : Roll n Bowl Fundraiser : Dec. 6 – McCurdy Bowling Centre 5-7 pm
- Provincial Athlete Training Camps at Richmond Oval :
- Jan 6/7 (Sat 10-12 and 1 – 3, Sun 9:30-12:30)
- Feb 10/11 (Sat 10-12 and 1 – 3, Sun 9:30-12:30)
- May 12/13 (Sat 10-12 and 1 – 3, Sun 9:30-12:30)
- Vancouver Invitational : March 9-11
- Nationals May 24-28 (location city TBA)
WEEKLY TRAINING Sessions at Capital News Centre Indoor Track or H2O Gym – (Costs and equipment transportation responsibility of athletes) Call Coach Randy to register : 250-808-2955
Look for our Impromptu Demos at City Park beside the BlueBear next to the Yacht Club or down by the Red Apple on the basketball tarmac – super fun outdoors ! Hair blowing in the wind…balls blowing in the breeze… :)))
Join our facebook page and group